Before buying insurance from your bank to cover your mortgage, please consider your options.
What does the insurance cover?
- From the bank: only the balance of your mortgage
- From us: whatever you need it to cover such as debts, line of credit
What happens as my mortgage balance decreases?
- From the bank: the coverage amount decreases as your balance decreases.
- From us: the coverage stays the same for as long as you own your policy
What if I switch banks?
- From the bank: You might lose your coverage and need to reapply
- From us: Your coverage stays the same, since it’s not tied to your mortgage
Who gets the benefit if I die?
- From the bank: The Bank
- From us: You decide who gets the insurance and how to use it, such as to pay your mortgage, medical expenses or child’s education- whatever is best for your family